Join our team
Pride in Surrey is run entirely by volunteers. Whilst we recruit the majority of volunteers just before an event, a small team work all year round on every day projects and campaigns to Celebrate, Educate and Connect Surrey’s LGBTQ community.
We currently have some exciting opportunities to join and support our award winning team in providing the LGBTQ+ community and its allies support through signposting and social activities in and around the county. If you are passionate about making a change in your community and would like to join our core team, please apply today!
Benefits of volunteering with Pride in Surrey: discounts on purchases in our Pride Shop, access to retail discount platform, training and development, making a difference within your community.
Below are a list of available roles:
We are looking for a passionate individual who is able to assist The Board by note taking monthly and annual team meetings. Acting as virtual receptionist for the main Pride email. Referring public and business enquiries to relevant Board Members. Assisting with the updating and monitoring of reports and records.
- To take notes and facilitate at monthly and annual meetings and to issue minutes and action points in a timely manner.
- To handle all documents and contacts in line with the GDPR legislation.
- To assist fellow team members with minor technical issues they may encounter.
- Assisting with the updating and monitoring the reports and records on our storage drives.
- To understand the company brand guidelines and ensure these are met and delivered.
Community Representatives (various)
We are looking to build a team of approachable and sociable individuals, who have the ability to share knowledge and new ideas with the rest of the team. You can be the connecting point between a minority group or area within Surrey’s LGBTQ+ community and the rest of the team at Pride in Surrey.
- The successful applicants should have the ability to create and nurture third-party relationships.
- Work as part of a small team with other Community Reps to share information, knowledge and ideas.
- Attend regular meet-up sessions run by our Head of Community Engagement.
Digital Content Creators
In this role you will work as part of the team providing high quality digital content which is streamed across our social media platforms. This role will work closely with the digital content team lead by our Head of Content to create/edit relevant and engaging online shows with the purpose of fulfilling our core mission to Celebrate, Educate and Connect the LGBTQ+ community.
- To create and/or edit online content and work with the team to help plan and create content to mark specific events in the LGBTQ+ calendar i.e. World Aids Day, LGBT History Month, Trans Day of Visibility etc.
- To work with the team to plan and deliver meaningful and targeted campaigns as well our regular weekly content.
- To use StreamYard streaming software to create and stream online content plus ads, credits, and visuals; ensuring these are always on brand and relevant to the content.
- Our digital content creators form part of a team who report directly to the Head of Digital Content, providing regular updates on activity. They also attend regular meetings to share updates and ideas on current and upcoming content.
We are looking for a creative individual with a keen eye for detail, who will work proactively with our CEO and Head of Digital Content to create and redevelop new and existing digital campaigns to meet current trends or funding requirements. The Campaign Designer will also aid with the plans and development of any event programme guides and signage.
- Creative and passionate to deliver eye-catching and informative visuals.
- Experience with image editing software such as Photoshop and Canva desirable.
- Ability to prepare artwork and document in a ready to print format.
- Assisting the Digital Content team in the creation of any graphic, ads and holding images to promote our online content.
Youth Engagement Representative
In this role you will work as part of the youth engagement team. This is a hugely important element to our work at Pride in Surrey, we consider young people as the future of our organisation and LGBTQ+ culture as a whole. Reporting to the Head of Youth Engagement, your role is to work closely with them to find new and creative ways to engage with, and involve, young people in the work of Pride in Surrey.
- To identify pathways to young people. This may be through partner organisations, schools, various community links and other individuals working within youth provision.
- To develop and nurture relationships with the above.
- To work with the Head of Youth Engagement to ensure continued, meaningful involvement for young people and to champion their voices.
- To work closely with the Head of Digital Content, Head of Community Liaison and their teams to ensure strong youth representation.
- To liaise with Blossom LGBTQ+ to ensure a solid framework is in place for young people on their journey through to adulthood.
Pride Shop & Safe Space Assistants
This role is to assist in the long-term success of our Pride Shop and Safe Space in Woking. Assisting the general operations, visual merchandising and the processing of online orders and shop sales. Our Safe Space Assistants will also assist our Safe Space visitors with any information and signposting requirements, using our in-house signposting hub to confidently direct individuals, parents, groups and businesses to useful services in and around Surrey.
Our Pride Shop is set to reopen on April 12th, creating a safe and covid secure shopping and information experience. All training will be given by our Safe Space management team.
This is a flexible role within Pride in Surrey, the shop is run solely by community volunteers and we are looking for friendly and approachable people join our small team.